Thursday, October 16, 2008

Changing diapers


He is winking at the girls already.  Emerson is so sweet and calm, and then it comes time to change his diapers.  Any good advice for changing boys diapers, I am all ears.  Without fail I will have the dirty diaper off, and a fresh diaper almost on and  . . . he is peeing again, or pooping.  It's like a fire hydrant out one or the other, but always after dirty one is off.  So I go through about 2 to 3 diapers a changing and 5 to 10 outfits a day.  I know I'll get the hang of it hopefully sooner than later. 

6 comments:

Annie said...

He is so handsome Bekah!!! Congrats!!! Good Luck getting used to being a MOMMY...it sure can be rough at times, but luckily they are so dang cute that it makes up for all the rough times.

love ya

Whitney and Family said...

Aren't boys fun!? Try putting the new diaper under the old one before you undo it, so when you take the old diaper off, the new one is already there. That way if he poops, it's in the new diaper, not on his clothes or you. If he starts to pee, just hurry and cover him up so it doesn't spray all over the room! This is the best solution I've found. This stage doesn't last very long. He'll get the hang of it soon enough, then you'll just have funny stories of him peeing all over his nursery!

Carrie said...

ah, the joy of boys :) I put receiving blankets underneath while I was changing my little guy and then always had a cloth diaper nearby too so if needed I could cover the fountain while I was preparing the disposable diaper. both are washable and doesn't waste money. More laundry just comes with the territory. kids are great-enjoy the ride.

Jenilee said...

Sorry, no advice on boys here! Good luck! Welcome to the world of constant learning and adjusting.

Bekah said...

Thanks for the helpful advice!!

Jenna said...

Congratulations on the new baby Bekah, he is very cute! With my little guy I found that an extra wipe placed over him always seemed to prevent him squirting himself in the face! Just wait until he starts having blowouts then you will really go through the outfits! It is all worth it though.