Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yeah, We finally got a new camera! I just am more motivated to blog when I have pictures to tell the story. We have just been busy with the house and having fun. Emerson is growing like a weed and will be a contractor by no time. He is so talented with a hammer.
Emerson's Grammie gave him an adorable back pack and he's on the go with it.
Emerson copies everything we do! He is so much fun to have around
He keeps us on our toes and loves to be outside. So if we're working in the house I have to shut and lock the doors because I will turn around and he'll be outside and half way up the street before I know it.
So much landscaping to be done. Every tree we cut out to build the house has to be replaced diameter for diameter. So if the tree had an 18inch trunk we need to plant 18inch trunk worth of tree. We already of so many trees on the property. Oh well, we want to pass that inspection.
The garage door went up last week. It makes a huge difference in how warm the house is. (we don't have the heat hooked up yet). The drive was was finished in Feb. and it is really nice to have a paved driveway to park on.
Kids Bath. . . ok I absolutely love this bathroom. It is so cheery to me. I still need to have the bead board rap around the vanity side, but the toilet flushes and the water runs (cold, no baths yet). I saw this look in a magazine and decided I would do it in our kids bath, I'm so glad I did. I love it.
So I would say the Master Bath is a little more sophisticated than the kids bath, but I like the look too. We had a really hard time picking the tiling materials. The end look I like, but we originally wanted to use a real stone, but there was a problem with not having enough for our bathroom, we tried to make a design that worked, but in the end we found this tile that was half the price and had many different sizes to choose from which allowed me to layout a French Pattern on the main floor, subway look for the walls with an arch with tiles at a forty five angle.
The shower had a gradual slopped floor to the end wall where the drain is instead of having the drain in the middle of the shower pan. There are two shower heads and a window.
When I measured the wall out I had planned for an 1/8th inch grout line. After I laid the tile out I had an extra 1/4th inch at the top because my grout lines were smaller than planned. I added a pencil liner above the tile crown molding which worked out great and gave me some extra dimension above. I'm glad the solution was so easy.
We just need to get the doorless shower glass in

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

You are seriously amazing. Such talent you have. It all looks so beautiful. I hope someday to see it in person.

Whitney and Family said...

I know I say this everytime, but it's true: YOUR HOUSE IS GORGEOUS!!! You are guys are amazingly talented and it looks like you're so close!!! Emerson is adorable as well-I can't believe how big he's gotten!