Monday, May 10, 2010

To Wake up or Not To Wake up? that is the Question

In my youth I could sleep through my blaring alarm like you wouldn't believe. My alarm would wake up the whole house and my roommates before I would notice it. I was conscious of people though. If someone walked into my room to turn the alarm off, I'd be up in a second to flip the switch off. Since that time and now sharing a room and a bed I rarely sleep through any alarm. So why did I sleep in last week to miss a long run at 5:45 with some awesome ward ladies. I think I was nervous about how the 11 mile run they had planned and I thought it would be easier if I just accidentally slept in. Oops. I really relish the time I get to go running and the company. It is so motivating, exhilarating, and inspiring. The day did drag instead. I guess I'll have to make it next week. We usually just do 5 miles, but the 4 other ladies are training for a half marathon (which I'm not signed up for, I know, I'm chicken). Anything more than the 5 scares me. What if I puke? What if I have to go and there is no bathroom? Will I have to carry water with me while I run? What if I can't finish and hold everyone back? I should just get over it and try. Maybe this week.

No comments: